Freelancer is loved by most of the people, but there are many people who are either not happy with the Freelancer fees and service or they have opened their own company or brand. The biggest problem for these people is how to close Freelancer account!
Here is the detailed article about how to delete Freelancer account on both Freelancer app and website. Both processes are almost the same but I have mentioned them in different sections so that you can understand it clearly and do not face any problem in closing your account.
But first of all, let me give a short introduction of Freelancer app and website so that you could understand it better.
What Is Freelancer?
Freelancer is an app and a website which, as its name sounds, gives freelancing jobs to its users. There are many jobs available on this website and you can easily search for the jobs you want to do according to your skills.
Then you just need to bid on the project that you are interested in and you will get the job if selected by the employer.
For full details on Freelancer, Must Read: Freelancer.com Review- Most Honest Review, Earnings, How To Use Freelancer
Why do People want To Delete Freelancer Account?
People delete freelancer account because of many reasons, these are mostly the cons of Freelancer. Some of these are:
- High fees of Freelancer– Freelancer charges about 10% of every transaction. They charge more when there is an hourly job. Many people get frustrated by this and decide to quit Freelancer.
- Not Getting Their First Bid- People who start new do not know the correct way to bid on Freelancer and make their profile weak. That’s why they do not get a job on Freelancer and want to close their account.
If this is the problem with you, then you can read my article on How to get the First Bid on Freelancer. I have explained every step to get guaranteed first project.
- Not Getting Enough Jobs- Even if people get a job on Freelancer by chance, they don’t get continuous jobs and they get upset. In the article that I mentioned earlier, I have told the ways to get regular jobs on Freelancer.
- Low Payment- Many people feel that the payment on Freelancer is very less. Except for some cases where the job is tough like website development, everywhere you will get low payment. This is also a big reason why people leave Freelancer.
If you are still confused whether it will be right to close your freelancer account or not, then you must read my most honest review of Freelancer.
Things To Know Before Closing Your Account
Here are some things that you must know before closing your Freelancer account.
- Your profile and listings will disappear from Freelancer platform.
- You will no longer receive any type of notification from Freelancer.
- You will not be able to log back to your account.
- If you have any money in your wallet, you will not be able to recover it.
- Accounts with negative balance can’t be closed.
Now, you are ready to know the step by step process to close Freelancer account.
How To Delete Freelancer Account Permanently(Step By Step)
Here is the simple step by step guidance on how to delete or close your freelancer account permanently. First I will tell you how to do this on website and then I will explain it for app.
Delete Freelancer Account On Website
- Step 1: Open your Freelancer account and click on your name on the right upper corner.
- Step 2: You will see an option of manage in blue colour on the right of ACCOUNT. Click on that.
- Step 3: A screen will pop-up like this. Click on the option ‘Account’ in the left lower corner.
- Step 4: Scroll down and you will see an option of – ‘Close my account‘. Click on this option.
- Step 5: You will see a screen like this telling you the alternatives of closing your account and will ask you why are your leaving. Click on the option ‘other‘. Then you will see the question- Can we contact you for more details. Select ‘No‘ option.
Then click on the option ‘Close my account‘.
That’s it! Your account has been closed permanently and you will see a notification window like this.
Delete Freelancer Account On App
Here are the step by step guidelines to close Freelancer account on Freelancer app.
Note that Freelancer has not provided withdrawal and account deletion option on its app, so either you have to open your account on your desktop or send an email to Freelancer requesting them to delete your account.
If you are following the former option, then you can use the steps given above and easily close your account.
If you are following the later, then here are the steps how you can send email to Freelancer.
Step 1: Go to your profile. Scroll down and you will see an option of ‘contact support’. Click on it.
- Step 2: You will see different mail options. Click Gmail or any mail that you prefer.
- Step 3: Copy and paste the lines below and mail them. You can also write the mail by yourself.
I opened the account on Freelancer some time ago and my username is – (put your username). I want to close my account. Please close my account permanently.
They will reply within 24 hours and will close your account permanently.
These were the ways to close Freelancer account permanently. We hope you liked this. Comment below if you have any problem.