Freelancer.com is a very famous platform now. Almost every person searching for online jobs knows about Freelancer. It is available both as a website and on the app.
Freelancer is an online job providing app. This provides online jobs in many sectors. You just have to register on the app and bid on the jobs, then you will start getting job offers (only if your employer likes it).
It is tough in starting to get the job on freelancer, but once you start getting the jobs, then you start getting reviews and you gain experience giving good expression in the eyes of the employer.
What Jobs Will You Get Here?
There are hundreds of jobs that you can get here. You can choose your skills and you will get job suggestions according to them.
Here is the list of some of the most significant jobs that you get on Freelancer:
- Article Writing
- Logo Making
- Mobile app development
- Web development
- Graphic design
- Article rewriting
- Website SEO
- Data Entry
- Social media marketing
- Digital marketing
- Keyword research
- Affiliate marketing
- Proof Reading
There are literally thousands of jobs.
How Does It work?
It has options for both who want to work and those to want to hire someone. We will discuss in short about how does it work for both the categories.
For The Employers
Here is a brief decription of how employers hire a person on Freelancer app or website.
Click on the option- 'I want to Hire' which is on the front page of the website (or app).
Then a form will pop-up asking what work you want to be done. You have to fill the title and description according to the job you want to be done. Make sure that you fill all the details along with a proper description of the job.
It will ask you to edit or add proper skills that are required to do the job properly.
After that, you will get options about if you want to post a project or post a contest. The difference is that in a contest, you will get many samples of the work and you can choose which one you want to do.
You will have to pay before for this option. Either, you can go for a simple project.
Then you will need to select the option asking how you want to pay for the job. There are two options- 'pay fixed price' and 'pay by the hour'. You can select any of the on the basis of the work that needs to be done.
The former is best for one-time work and the later is best for the work that is an ongoing process.
It will ask for the budget and you have to provide the budget. The bids will come to you based on the budget that you have given for a job.
It gives the option to choose the best bid by the Freelancer team. You can avail this feature for Rs 645 only. This is the best option for busy entrepreneurs.
If you don't want to pay the extra money, you can go with 'standard plan' in which you will have to select the best bid.
Then it will show all the details of your post at one place and you can cross-check if you have posted it right.
Then it will ask you to sign-in. And your project will go live within after you verify your account.
For The Employees
The process of getting the job for the employees is much simpler than that of the employers.
You just have to click on the option-'Earn Money Freelancer' on the first page of the website and the app.
The next step is to sign up and choose a username.
After you do it, it will ask you to select the skills that you have so that you can get the best-suited jobs according to it.
You just have to bid on the jobs as early as possible.
My Review: Is It Worth The Time?
It is one of the best genuine online earning platforms. I earned a good amount of money from this website and I recommend it to every person who is serious about online earning.
- It has almost all the jobs in all the categories you can think of. It also pays a good amount of money based on the skills (for eg., a person doing website development will get far more payment than a person doing simple copy-paste work). So, you need to brush-up your skills regularly.
- It is one of the best genuine online earning platforms.
- If you work hard, you will definitely get good jobs which will increase your earning. You should also work smart as this will help you to get reoccurring jobs. (I have talked in detail about this here).
- To maximize your earnings, you must do multiple jobs.
Must Read: Money Earning Apps That Actually Pay
- It charges money from both the employer and the employees. It will also charge some amount every time you get paid. It becomes irritating to see that they are taking so much of our hard-earned money.
- Since it is about bidding, many times you will have to bid with the lower price than you really deserve or you will not get the job.
- Many times, when people accept the job, Freelancer charges the money and the employer does not award the job. This leads to a loss of about 200 Rs.
- It has a very high withdrawal amount (Rs 1500). You can withdraw your money only after it has reached the minimum threshold. Thankfully, it does not charge anything for withdrawal.
How Much You Will Earn From It?
There is no fixed amount of money that you can earn from it. Some people earn lakhs from it and some just earn a few thousand. Some working very less earn barely hundreds.
Earning depends upon many factors such as:
- Your skills: This is the most important factor on which earning depends. As I mentioned earlier, the person doing website development will earn much more than a simple writer or copy-paste works. So, keep upgrading your skills.
- Your consistency: No matter how skilled you are, you will not earn money if you are not consistent with your work. You need to work daily.
- Your efficiency: If you do work efficiently, then you can do more amount of work than others in the same time given. Naturally, you will earn more than them.
- Your ability to learn: No matter how much you know, if you will not learn from the work, you will stay in one place and others will move forward. This will hugely affect your earnings after some period of time.
On an average, you can earn anywhere between INR 600 (this is the minimum budget) to 20k.
You have learnt about all the pros and cons of freelancer. It depends upon you if you want to work on it. It is a very good option for those who are just starting to earn online.
After getting the work experience from this, you can establish your own brand and earn much more than you were earning on Freelancer.
What do you think about Freelancer? Comment below.