Healthy and beautiful teeth play a special role in the personal life of all of us. The life of all of us without teeth is beyond imagination. Without teeth, we have great difficulty in eating and we cannot survive without food, because food gives us energy. Perhaps these pains may have been felt at times, sometimes due to toothache, insects or sometimes again because of tooth.
Without teeth, a lovely smile is also dull, or we can say that a healthy tooth is as important in our lives as other parts of our body. This article today is about the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course related to dental maintenance and safety. Let us know what BDS course is? How to build a career, some of the premier institutions in India to do the necessary educational qualification and BDS etc.
Introduction- What Is BDS Course?
In the BDS course, you are taught about dental medicine. It is a degree course related to Dental Science. It tells you about all the diseases associated with the tooth and its treatment. In this course, you are taught about the treatment of teeth, transplantation, Maxillofacial prosthesis, Ocular prosthesis, etc.
Types Of Dental Courses
There are two types of dental courses which can be done. These are:
- BDS Course– This is a Dental Science Degree Course. This is a graduation course. Which you can do only after intermediate (12th). It teaches you about all the diseases associated with the tooth and its treatment.
- MDS Course– This is a Masters course. You can pursue this course only after completing the BDS course. You can enhance both our ability and ability by choosing one of the different courses of MDS.
If you also want to make a career in dental surgery, you can make your career by choosing any of the courses above. Let us now give you detailed information about it.
Basic Requirements For BDS Course
In this section, you will know all the basic requirements you need to fulfil before doing this course.
To get admission in this course, it is mandatory to get 50% marks in Science in 10+2 from any recognized college for admission to any recognized college. Candidates for admission to M.D.S. are asked to appear for b.d.s. from any recognized college. It is mandatory to have a degree.
Your age must be minimum of 17 years or above at the time of joining this course.
You need to give the NEET exam and only through this exam, you can get into dental college.
Here is the list of the basic skills required to pursue this course:
- Good coordination between the hand and the eye.
- The efficiency of doing very precise and accurate work.
- Ability to focus on long-term tasks.
- Good focus on accuracy and in detail.
- Ability to understand and explain complex technical instructions.
Job Opportunities After Doing BDS
After getting a degree in BDS/MDS, you can get a job as a doctor in government hospitals or private hospitals, or you can also open your private hospital, clinic. You can also be work as a professor in any medical institution. Therefore, it would not be wrong to say that BDS course has very good career options.
Possibilities In Field In Future
The demand for a dental doctor has increased over time. In the midst of a lifestyle that is negligent and plagued by our health, we are not able to give special attention to the teeth. In this way, many problems occur in the teeth as the teeth are not thoroughly cleaned.
At present, every household has this problem. Each of the hospitals also has a separate department for this. In view of all these facts, it can be said that dental surgery is an efficient professional in the coming times.
Best Institutions To Pursue BDS
In this section, you will know about the top colleges in India which are considered as the best colleges to do BDS. Here is the list of these colleges:
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Seth G.S. Medical College
- College of Dental Surgery
- University of Mumbai
- University of Delhi
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University
- Manipal University
- Goa University
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
These have a list of both government colleges and private colleges.
Fees Of These Institutions
As evident, the fees of the government colleges are very low, but the fees of private colleges are very high. If you can afford to pay the fees of privates college, you can take admission there, or you can take admission in government college via NEET exam.
Benefits Of Doing BDS Course
After doing the BDS course, there are many benefits, but I want to give you some benefits so that you can get an idea and you have fun doing the BDS courses, you don’t have to do any course, just you have to study hard and diligently, so let’s now know the benefits of BDS.
- After doing BDS Course you become well versed in dental doctor
- After doing BDS you will be called a graduate
- Dentistry schools enable you to work as dentists in government or private hospitals
- You can also open your own dental clinic to serve the society.
- In addition to serving people, a career in dental science is one of the most attractive options at the present time
- After doing a BDS course, you can also do a job in someone’s dental hospital.
BDS course has a very good reputation and it is a very good choice as a carrier. The demand for this profession is also increasing, so it will be easier to get a job in this field in future. But, you must do this course only if you are interested in this otherwise this may seem boring to you.